Gdansk Solidarity Tour: The Road to Freedom
Explore Gdańsk Shipyard and European Solidarity Center
Gdańsk Solidarity Tour
This trip is really special. We have designed it at the request of our guests who are curious about not only Gdańsk’s special places but also its special stories. We will tell you how the people of Poland overcame communism in a peaceful revolution that took place in the spirit of European democracy. We will begin our trip at the European Solidarity Centre, a state-of-the-art multimedia museum that commemorates Poland’s struggle for independence and freedom. We will go through Gate No. 2 of the Lenin Shipyard at which the army opened fire on the striking shipyard workers on 16 December 1970. We will tell you about a great man, Nobel Prize winner Lech Wałęsa, the leader of the Solidarity Trade Union and later the President of Poland. We will visit the Monument to the Fallen Shipyard Workers and, in order to really get a sense of the industrial atmosphere of those times, we will walk through the heart of the former Shipyard. We will visit the storehouses, the immensely spacious production halls and see the famous shipyard cranes up close. Today, Gdańsk Shipyard is a place with a thriving art and culture scene: its lofts and former shipyard interiors are now home to clubs, galleries and bars, with the throb of electronic music and the aroma of street food on summer nights.
Visit Gdańsk Shipyard and European Solidarity Center
- entrance fee to European Solidarity Center
- soft drink or coffee or beer
- exploration of Gdansk Shipyard
- visit in a BHP Hall
- Meeting with a guide in front of the main entrance to ECS
- 1,5 h visit in European Solidarity Center. History History of Poland under the communist regime. The road to freedom and the fight for independent Poland.
- Walk through the Old Shipyard - Imperial Shipyard
- Visit in a BHP Hall
- Small stop for local soft drink
- the historical gate nr 2 and a visit at the Square of the Fallen Shipyard Workers
In case of cancellation of the trip 48 hours before its start, the funds will be refunded in 100%. Cancellation after this period results in no refund.
visiting Gdańsk shipyard, Lech Wałęsa, tour to Gdańsk Shipyard, polish road to freedom, fighting against communist regime, rise up in Poland, Imperial Shipyard Gdansk with a guide, discover secrets of Gdańsk Shipyard, the best spots in Gdansk Shipyard,